Family Birth Center
Making a Memorable Experience
Are you expecting a baby?
The birth of a child can be one of life's most cherished and fulfilling moments. Boone County Hospital has four birthing suites. Our beautiful spacious suites are designed to make you and your family feel relaxed and comfortable...and, more like home.
We Treat You Like Family
- Labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum suites are big enough to accommodate the entire family.
- We pamper new moms and babies.
- Prior to discharge, mom and her significant other are treated to a specially prepared meal.
- Many pain management options such as epidurals, aroma therapy, music therapy, a birthing ball, and back massages are available during the birthing experience.
- The nursery is equipped with the latest in medical technology.
- Newborn hearing screens are available.
- Each family will receive a diagper bag and other free items prior to discharge.
We pride ourselves in providing mom and baby with personalized care. You'll feel empathy and compassion in the way we care for you. We will do everything we can to alleviate any fears or discomfort you may have. Your nurse will help with the flow of communication between you, your doctor, and the rest of the staff. And, because our birthing rooms are next to the nursing station, your nurse will never be more than a few steps away.
Capture Your Baby with a Professional Photo
The Family Birth Center is excited to offer new parents a complimentary 8x10 photo of your new baby. A professional photographer will be taking pictures of your baby while you are at BCH and will arrange a time with your nurse that is convenient for both you and baby. There is no charge to you for the 30 minute photo session or the 8x10; this is our gift to you. You can view additional photos of your baby on the photograhers website at www.kristinzehnerphoto.com
and can order additional photos for a fee. More information about this services will be provided to you in your OB packet upon admission. If you do not want your baby's photo taken please let your nurse know.
For additional information on the Family Birth Center, click here
to view the Birth Center brochure or call (515) 433-8400.
These Doctors Deliver at Boone County Hospital
Steven Johnson, D.O