|Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) is the leading cause of death in the United States. Half a million people die from CHD each year. Many people develop symptoms of CHD when they are in their 40's and 50's, interrupting a most productive time in life. Cardiac rehabilitation is an important tool in the fight against CHD. Cardiac Rehabilitation provides three main features:
EDUCATION, EXERCISE and SUPPORT
100,000 people participate in Cardiac Rehabilitation in this country each year.
Boone County Hospital provides nationally-certified Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation Units. They include showers, dressing areas, and many varieties of exercise equipment.
Tell Your Heart You Care
- If you smoke, resist the urge to light up.
- Have your Cholesterol checked regularly.
- Go easy on saturated fats.
- Cook meals with little or no fat.
- If you've only got time for fast food, make positive choices.
- Feast on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Talk to your doctor about the benefits of taking baby aspirin.
- Don't let high blood pressure go undiagnosed.
- Maintain a healthful weight.
- Fit fitness into your daily routine.
- Schedule 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 3 to 4 times per week.
- Know your family health history.
|Denise Turner, Director|
For more information on Boone County Hospital's Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation Units, call (515) 433-8268.
To view the Pulmonary Rehab brochure, click here.