Restrictions for Visitors
Currently, NO visitors are allowed at Boone County Hospital.
If you have a clinic or outpatient visit, for your safety and the safety of your family, do not bring anyone to your appointment with you unless you meet one of the following exceptions.
Exceptions to this restriction:
Only one adult (18 of age and over) designated caregiver will be allowed in the following circumstances:
1. In all cases, the designated caregiver must pass screening guidelines (no symptoms, no fever over 100.0, and no reported travel to Level 3 countries).
2. The designated caregiver is needed to assist the patient with mobility (w/c, walker) or provides interpreting services for the patient.
3. In the Family Birth Center, one designated caregiver / support person will be allowed in the patient’s room to support the care of the mother.
4. The patient is being treated in an Emergency Department (ED). One designated caregiver will be allowed in the patient’s room (as clinically allowed) to support the care of the patient or in the ED waiting area until the patient is discharged home OR is admitted to an inpatient nursing unit.
5. The patient is a minor under the age of 18 years. One parent / designated care giver / guardian at a time will be allowed in the patient’s room to support care of the patient.
6. The patient is suffering from confusion or delirium. One designated caregiver will be allowed in the patient’s room to support the care of the patient.
7. The patient is undergoing surgery. One designated caregiver will be allowed with the patient in the pre-surgical area, in waiting rooms through the duration of the patient’s surgery, and in the post-surgical care area (as clinically allowed) until the patient is discharged home OR is admitted to an inpatient nursing unit.
8. A patient is imminently dying. One caregiver allowed at a time; caregivers may rotate at the discretion of the clinical care team. Visitors under the age of 18 may be allowed in this case, at the discretion of the clinical care team.
9. Final decisions regarding access will be made at the discretion of the patient’s attending physician in coordination with the clinical care team.
Visitors will not be permitted if the patient is COVID-19 positive or is a COVID-19 Person Under Investigation (PUI) except in the case of a patient imminently dying.
Manufacturers’ representatives required to manage devices during testing or procedures are treated as members of the care team and will be permitted access.
We understand these visitor restrictions may be difficult for you and will make every effort to support interactions between family and friends.
Thank you for your cooperation in this effort.