Testing Sites for Asymptomatic Individuals
What does asymptomatic mean in terms of COVID-19? Being asymptomatic means having COVID-19 but not showing any symptoms at all. The Boone County Family Medicine Walk-In Clinic DOES NOT test asymptomatic people. You have to be symptomatic for the Clinic staff to test you.
The following businesses DO TEST ASYMPTOMATIC individuals:
• Walgreens—Individuals can register online for drive thru testing. Rapid and PCR testing are available.
• Test Iowa sites—Individuals can pick up a home test kit and mail it in or drop it off at a Test Iowa site. Locations are listed on their website.
• Gslabstesting.com—GS Labs in West Des Moines offer rapid testing. Online appointments are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Boone Hy-Vee—Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (mornings only).
• Ames Hy-Vee—Testing available; hours vary from Boone.
Check out the websites for more information!