Visitor Restrictions Now in Effect at Boone County Hospital
In keeping with a commitment to patient safety, Boone County Hospital and Clinics will limit patient visitations during the global outbreak of COVID-19. The following restrictions are effective immediately to help limit the potential spread of COVID-19. Visitor restrictions are temporary and subject to change as necessary.
Only primary caregivers are allowed & limited to 2 per patient. Primary caregivers include, but are not limited to:
• Spouse/significant other
• Other defined caregiver
• 16 years of age and older (including sibling caregivers)
• Siblings are not allowed unless 16 years of age and defined caregiver
• Always remain in patient room as appropriate
• Limit movement within the facility and avoid common areas
• Free from illness such as (fever, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, vomiting or runny nose)
• Exceptions may be made in certain situations and can be discussed with patient care teams.
All caregivers are required to wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand foam/gel upon entering and exiting patient’s room.
We understand these visitor restrictions may be difficult for you. While we are committed to providing a family-centered care environment, right now these precautionary measures are being taken to provide optimal safety for everyone.
Thank you for your cooperation in this effort.